Stay up to date on all things carpal tunnel. Sign up and we’ll send you the latest news, resources, scientific breakthroughs, events, tips, and much more.

Share this post on your profile with a comment of your own:

Successfully Shared!

View on my Profile
Back to Homepage

Seeing a Hand Surgeon

April 9, 2019


When managing the symptoms at home with wrist braces, motion exercises, and frequent breaks at work are no longer giving adequate relief, and especially if the symptoms are starting to interfere with normal daily life, then it's important to seek medical attention for carpal tunnel syndrome. The best way to do that is to talk to your primary doctor about referral to a hand specialist. A hand surgeon and a neurologist can often work in tandem to confirm that your symptoms are in fact related to carpal tunnel syndrome and to determine the severity of the nerve compression. This will help to guide treatment as the treatment is often determined by how severe the compression is and not simply the presence of symptoms.

Send this to a friend